Telecommuting (working from home) has been gaining momentum for several years and now large corporations are finding that telecommuting may be very beneficial for their company’s overall bottom line, as well as, employee satisfaction. With more and more families being able to telecommute, the ability to live just about anywhere they want is opening possibilities for families and individuals to move to locations that cater to their preferred lifestyle.
Colorado Springs is a favorite vacation spot for many families and they are now turning their attention to desirable places like Colorado Springs as a community to establish roots. Colorado Springs has so much to offer: gorgeous vistas, hiking trails, biking, top-rated schools, access to big city attractions, year-around sports such as skiing, kayaking, camping, fishing – to name a few. As much as the locals would love to keep this virtual heaven-on-earth a secret they can not. We have too much to offer!
So if you are a telecommuter and you are looking to move to Colorado Springs, or you already live here but are thinking about better accommodations for your home office and family where do you look?
There are many factors that go into finding just the right home for each person’s situation however, there is one neighborhood in particular that stands out as a splendid choice for telecommuters or entrepreneurs working from home: Gold Hill Mesa located on the west side of Colorado Springs.
Listed below are reasons why we like Gold Hill Mesa (GHM) for the work-from-home individual:
- Residential Fiber: Gold Hill Mesa is 1 of only 5 neighborhoods that has residential fiber available in the Colorado Springs area to date. The #1 priority to be able to work from home is to have reliable, fast, and secure internet service. After all, if you don’t have good internet service you can’t work and then the other benefits of working from home become moot. The last thing you need are moments when your internet becomes painfully slow and your wi-fi printer is printing at the speed of waiting for the last bit of ketchup at the bottom of a bottle to drip down, or you are in the middle of working online when suddenly the service goes down/slows down to the point that you get the dreaded “timed out” message. Trust me, as someone who works from home this happens far too often and I wish I lived in a neighborhood that had residential fiber available. Thus, residential fiber was a MUST in considering the best neighborhood for telecommuters.
- A variety of home styles: A beautifully designed community gives you several options for living. Do you need a condo, townhome or a single-family home? All three of these styles are available at Gold Hill Mesa. When you are working from home, an adequate space for work that fits your business needs and the desires of your family are critical for your working time to be successful. Let us show you wonderful options to set you up for success in your business and work endeavors.
- Overlooking downtown: GHM sits atop a hill that overlooks our wonderful downtown. Downtown is packed with pubs, cafes, locally-owned boutiques and galleries. Need to work off-site for a couple of hours or meet with a client? The best restaurants and coffee houses are only a 7 minute drive away. Not to mention a farmer’s market in the summer/fall months, as well as, regular festivities throughout the year!
- Bear Creek Park: One of the best parks in Colorado Springs is in walking distance from GHM. Need a moment to step away from the desk and refresh your thinking?Bear Creek is like having a piece of the mountains in the middle of the city. Take a quick walk, run, or ride on your mountain bike through the majesty of this park; it offers well-maintained walking and running trails, a bubbling creek, large dog park, and many special events, such as concerts and races, throughout the year. It also has the largest community garden in the city with plots available to rent if you have a green thumb!
- The mountains are at your doorstep: We will assume that as a telecommuter you have a strong interest in having the flexibility for experiences with your family or friends that you would not otherwise be able to enjoy. After-all, you are living in Colorado Springs, surrounded by America’s Mountain and the enthralling life the Rocky Mountains have to offer. Hwy. 24 is just down the street, mere seconds from your new home, and takes you directly up Ute Pass and serves as a gateway to innumerable mountain activities that are within a short distance of your home. For example, the entrance to Pikes Peak is only a short 10 minute drive from GHM. Think of spending the day being mesmerized by breathtaking views from the top of Pikes Peak or waking up on a summer morning, throwing a kayak in the back of the car and paddling along one of Pikes Peak’s reservoirs and still be home in time for your 10 am conference call? And that is just the beginning of what awaits you in the mountains!
- Easy access to I-25/airport: Easily getting around Colorado Springs depends on how quickly you can access the only interstate in the city. The interstate is a brief 5 minute drive from your home in GHM and will take you Denver or allow you access to major streets of the city quickly. In addition, catching a flight at the Colorado Springs airport is easy – less than a 20 minute drive.
- Old Colorado City: Need a place to get away to brainstorm or have a meeting that isn’t as busy as downtown? Coast down the hill to Old Colorado City – the jewel of the city. The quaint, historic part of our city is quiet but don’t let it fool you as they have several wonderful choices of coffee houses, wine bars, and fabulous restaurants. In the summer they host one of the best Farmer’s Markets in the city at Bankroft Park every Saturday from June – October. Just a 2-3 minute drive from your home in GHM!
- Multiple school choices: GHM sits on the border of District 11 and Cheyenne Mountain District schools. Looking for a private or charter school? Numerous quality choices are available within a short drive of this neighborhood. Need more assistance with learning about schools in the area? Here is a link with helpful information:
- A close knit community: Gold Hill Mesa prides itself in a great community of families and individuals. We host special events every weekend in the summer at our centrally-located [club house] that are well-attended and enjoyed by all. In addition the fitness center is a close walk from any point in the neighborhood. The beautifully designed homes and greenways throughout the neighborhood provides a warm and hospitable environment. We think you will love it!
- You’ll be a “Westsider”: Those who live on the westside of Colorado Springs will all tell you – there is something special about being a “Westsider”. We take pride in our communities, our land, our families. Many are active and engaging in the copious events available in the warmer months. Friendly, warm, and maybe even a little “colorful” at times!
From lighting fast, reliable internet to beautiful homes in a great neighborhood to being ideally situated for travel, entertainment, and outdoor activities – we can’t recommend enough the Gold Hills Mesa neighborhood for telecommuting and we invite you to let us introduce you to this gem on the westside!